Saturday, April 3, 2010

He is Risen!

Four more days until my due day. I think that sitting around, waiting to go into labor is one of the most difficult things to go through. Well, maybe besides the labor itself, or, ok, I can think of a million more difficult things to go through.

Maybe the sitting around part is what is so frustrating. And, I am not really sitting around. I go to sleep every night, thinking, "this is it, this baby is coming tonight!" Then, I get a little panicked, thinking of a few more things I would like to get done before the baby comes.

I think that Blue is annoyed with me. I am thinking he is annoyed that I keep coming up with more projects to do, and he wouldn't feel so guilty about not always helping me if I would just sit on the couch and put my feet up. But, this "nesting" syndrome is uncontainable, I just can't sit for long.

The weather is warming up, spring is definitely around the corner. Talk swirls around me, about getting out, going on vacations, training for whatever race or adventure is coming up. And, believe me, living in Canmore, AB, there is always someone or many someones training for something. Considering how I get out of breath climbing my stairs, one can see how this can be a little discouraging for me.

Easter is tomorrow, and as I was busily preparing my Easter brunch for tomorrow, I began to think about my Lord and how He felt on this weekend. He too was waiting, knowing in advance that He was going to die a terribly painful death. For what? For who? For me, to give me life. I wonder if He was anxious, constantly thinking of more He needed to accomplish before that night. I wonder if He was bothered by the talk of others around Him. Tomorrow, we celebrate the fact that He is alive, the grave could not hold Him. Before the beginnings of this world, before I was conceived, He loved me, He planned to die for me so that I could live!

So, for this reason, and for the wonderful, imminent birth of our baby, I can only rejoice!

No comments: