Monday, May 5, 2008

You have not, because you ask not...

My brother recently asked for prayer stories to be sent via email so that he could post them on his church blog. I have to be completely honest, my immediate thought was, "God hasn't answered any prayers for me lately." Whoa!
I will have you know, God's Spirit within me instantly gave a rebuke. For the next unmeasurable amount of time, His Spirit reminded me of all the times God has answered my prayers, and all of the times He has answered prayers that I haven't even spoken.
Do I get up every morning, and pray that my husband will make it safely to work. I regretfully say 'no', yet by His grace, he does. Do I drive my son to school everyday, knowing the vehicle carries my three most precious possessions, and beg God to get us to the school in one piece. I wish I did, but He does. Do I sit with my morning coffee, and ponder that today might be the day that I am diagnosed with a terminal illness. Do I beg God for His grace and strength to make it through such a difficult time? Sadly,I don't, but I know He would.
I have a two-year old daughter who talks a lot. At any moment during the day, I know her basic needs, because she tells me. Sometimes she asks quite politely, and other times she is very adamant that what she needs, she needs right away. My son is very quiet and asks for very little. Because I have known him very well now for five years, I often know his needs before he even asks. Both of them are my children, I love them both the same, and I love them very much.
My Father loves me very much. Sometimes I come to Him in desperation, adamantly begging Him for His help. Other times, He knows my needs before I even ask Him, and He answers those too.
I want to praise Him "for we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

No comments: