Saturday, December 6, 2008

He IS coming....

The other night, our sleepy little hamlet received about eight inches of snow. We woke up to a beautiful, wintry wonderland. Blue took Meadow and Forest to town, so me and my big O (that is our nickname for Ocean), went for a walk. I was walking down a gravel road, and was a little, shall we say 'spaced out'. I had a lot on my mind. Ok, anyway, I glanced up and see a large, yellow, front-loader headed straight towards us. I immediately grew animated, because Ocean loves big machinery. I was excitedly talking and pointing when I see the drivers eyes grow wide and the back-end of the overwhelmingly large machine start to slide. It was then that I noticed a car had come up behind me and the danger became apparent. I jumped backwards into the ditch, pulling the Chariot with Ocean in it. Of course, the whole incident only lasted a couple of seconds, but my heart was beating fast as I watched the loader come to a stop where we had been standing and the little car, apparently none the worse, whip around and off down the road.
As we began our walk back home, my thoughts wandered to the coming Christmas season and the celebration of Christ's birth. Over two thousand years ago, God came to earth as a humble servant to save man from his sin. I thought of that loader sliding toward us, and realized that Christ's return to earth is just as imminent. This time He will not be coming as a humble servant, but as a conquering King. Anyone who has not accepted and believed on Him as Jesus Christ, the Son of God, will pay a very high price when He returns.
I was caught off guard and was not completely prepared for that front-loader but I am ready for Christ's second return, and I want to tell as many people as I can of the imminent return of my Lord.

No comments: