Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy 2009!


It is hard to believe that another year has gone by. The fact that I just said that is a sign that I am getting old. Nevertheless, ready or not, it is 2009. I look back on the past year, the lessons learned, the memories made, the tears shed, the laughter, the hurt, the sacrifices, and the growth, and I can only say one thing, my Lord has never left my side.
I have so many wonderful blessings to be thankful for. Ocean officially started school. He is attending private programing for the morning and then is integrated with the kindergarten class for the afternoon. He loves it. He rides his own bus to and from school, and I think that is his favorite part of the day. He is going to try skiing this winter. There is a wonderful program for special needs children, and we believe that it will be a great strengthening time for him.
Meadow is a little bothered that she can't go to school too. We go to a preschool library once a week, and to a playroom where she can paint and play with other kids. She is satisfied, for now. She is learning her letters and numbers, and insists that Mom teach her how to play the piano. She is already planning her 4th birthday party, which is still 6 months away, oh boy. :) She went ice skating for the first time over the holidays, and now talks about going all the time. She keeps us going.
Our little Forest is growing like a weed. I still see myself coming home from the hospital wondering how in the world am I going to take care of three kids. He is going to be two in a few months, and is beginning to show all of the frustration of a child of his age. We call him "Forest the Destroyer", because he leaves a path of chaos behind him, wherever he goes. He seems to know that his smile will get him out of all sorts of trouble. He loves playing with his brother and sister, and has developed a pretty fast getaway when he knows that he has pushed them too far.
Blue is still working in the construction trade. We also are were thankful to complete another successful summer with the Ice Cream Bus. We are praying about selling the bus, as Blue would like to get a little more serious about working in the camping ministry.
Deb is content to stay at home with the kids. There are so many things I would like to improve in my life. I am a goal setter, and I love the feeling of a crossing a goal off of the list. As many of you know, being a stay-at-home mom is sometimes not an immediately rewarding job. But, when God's calling is that strong in your life, there can be no greater joy than that of serving Him by serving your family.
Which brings me to my verse for 2009:
"Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet."
John 13:13,14
I don't know what God has for me and my family in 2009. I pray that as we meet each situation, we will be reminded of what Christ did for us, and that His love and light will be lived out in us, the Falconers.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

It is so nice to read your blog. I have to work on glorifying God more in mine. That is great about Ocean! Sounds like Meadow is a 3 year old girl. I know, but mine is almost 4. (doesn't get better, just funnier) My Noah is 2 and we are potty-training. So not fun, but essential! :) Forest was so cute when you guys were here a couple weeks ago! All of your kids were. Praying for you!