Friday, January 30, 2009

"I change not.'

My brain feels a bit like mush today. I can't seem to be able to get anything accomplished. My thoughts change so quickly, I am positive I must have ADD. I am having trouble concentrating. I know that there are so many important things that I must think about, decisions to be made, work to be done. However, how does a person achieve any of these things if their brain will not cooperate?
I am no stranger to change. My wonderful husband thrives on it, so I experience it along side him. The most impressive thought weighing on my brain today is that Blue has been without work for over a month now. Jobs have been cancelled, renovations have been postponed, and the headlines declare only gloom for the building industry this year. 5,000 construction workers have been layed off in Calgary. Hitch-hikers picked up on the highway declare that they are headed west to try to find some work. What does that mean for our little family?
God, in His sovereignty, has brought along the opportunity for Blue to take an EMR course. The Exshaw Fire Department is paying for him to take the course. This course will be the final requirement for him to become an official firefighter. He is applying to the City of Calgary. If he is accepted, it will be a big change for him, and for our family.
Another change weighing on my little brain is our ice cream business. Four summers ago, we opened an ice cream business out of an old school bus. It has become quite a bit event for summertime in Canmore. However, we believe God wants us to be doing something else with our time in the summer, running backcountry camps. It is not feasible for us to do both, so the Old School Ice Cream Bus is for sale. We have a young couple from Canmore who are seriously interested in it. If God chooses to sell it for us, we could be running camps again this summer!!
Then, there is our condo situation...let's just leave that alone for a little longer, shall we?
I feel like a wave, being tossed about by the economy, our circumstances, neither of which I can control. In the middle of my run the other day, I stopped and shook my fist at the sky and yelled, "I will not doubt you! No matter what happens, I will always trust you!" The sun peeked through the clouds and my Lord yelled back, "For I am the LORD, I change not..." I smiled, and kept running.
Whatever change occurs in our lives in the next few months, I have a sure foundation, a Rock, a shelter...
"before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou are God."

No comments: