Friday, April 3, 2009

His going forth is certain...

I am ashamed that I have let so many days drift by without writing about the goodness of my Lord. Life has this amazing capability of sucking me in, like quicksand, and time washes over me like a flood, out of my control. And, as I rush from activity to activity, from meeting to meeting, and from diaper to diaper, I find myself attempting to accomplish everything on my own, becoming proud when projects are completed, and worrying when I feel as if I should be able to do more. It is then, I feel a gentle reminder, "Be still, and know that I am God."
Two things are certain. One, God is God and I am not. Two, God is good, all the time.
Life is crazy, no one can argue that point. It is full of joys. We have committed to ministry in the outdoors this summer. Blue passed his EMR course. Ocean will be in 1st grade next year. It is also full of disappointments. Our ice cream business has not sold, and we are without a lease for the summer. But, through all of the joys and disappointments, I must know that God is good. "So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord. His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain, Like he spring rain watering the earth."

No comments: