Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blue Sky Falconer


A few days ago, my husband and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. Absolutely amazing! I want to quote a very cliche phrase, "where does the time go?"

I met Blue Sky Falconer 13 years ago at Red Cliff Bible Camp. He was late for counselor training, our director informed us that we still had one more male counselor coming. During one of our sessions, we heard a very strange noise. We all walked to porch, and were greeted by a very strange sight. A very small, rusty, may I say clunky red Toyota, was chugging its final stretch up the mountain. When it finally reached its destination, it seemed to breathe and sigh of relief and shut off. The door creaked open, and a guy stepped out. He had recently grown out a beard, and looked very tired. He had driven from Canada. All I knew of Canada was that they had a beautiful national anthem and that Victoria was a fantastic tourist destination. Now I knew that they also produced very handsome men.

Two weeks later, I wrote in my journal that I had met the man I was going to marry. Not only was he very, very cute, he loved God, he was a hard worker, we served well together, he loved the outdoors, he was kind, the campers loved him, and he was extremely funny. We married two years later.

The last eleven years have seen dreams fulfilled, promises kept, three beautiful children born, life lived in some breathtaking places, but never, never a dull moment. There are times I am not as openly thankful for those moments, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Recently, he has been working on a trail here in Exshaw. I first walked his trail a few years ago. I had some serious doubt, and was overwhelmed by the amount of work required to make this little path a usable trail. Last week, his picture was published in the local newspaper, riding the Prospector. I have had three calls in the last two days from people inquiring about this trail. That is my Blue... and I love him more now than ever. I am so excited to see what the next eleven years hold for us...

No comments: