Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meditations...

My birthday is coming up in a few days. I was hoping to celebrate by running a half-marathon for CAUSE Canada. Alas, my training did not go as planned this summer. In fact, I am not sure much of anything went as planned this summer.
I was reading Luke 1 the other day. It is the story of the angel, Gabriel, informing Mary that she was going to give birth to a son. The baby to be born would be holy and would be called the Son of God. His name would be Jesus. Yes, I know, this is the Christmas story, and I am a few months ahead, but I was drawn, fascinated by Mary's complete submission and trust. "May everything you have said about me be true."
We have received another blessing of our own. As of next April, I will no longer be able to call my blog, "Falconer Five" and "Falconer Six" just does not have that nice of ring to it. I have be honest that I am still feeling a bit overwhelmed, and that, at times, when I think of taking care of another human being, my breathe is completely taken away. However, I also realize what an amazing gift God has given us.
Last night, Blue and I lay in bed talking about our little Ocean. He brought up the question of what would happen to Ocean when he is a teenager, or even an adult. Yes, the future for Ocean is uncertain and a little scary, but I was filled with joy that God is enabling me to bring life to another person that would love and care for our precious boy.
So, yeah, I am missing the half-marathon again this year. The next few years of our lives will be hazy with chaos, but we will have lots of laughs, and lots of love. I am so blessed.