Friday, February 13, 2009

Abba Father

Last night we decided to go have dinner with our wonderful friends, the Genns. Kelly fixed a delicious dinner, and we were all sitting around enjoying a toasted marshmallow latte, when Forest came clunking down the hallway wearing a pair of shoes that belonged to Ella, the Genns' 3-year old daughter. We all laughed at him, he was so cute. Not even a moment later, he tripped. Now, all kids fall quite a bit, but he did this one right. Blue jumped out of his chair and ran over to him, scooping him up in his arms, groaning, "oh, no, Forest." I didn't realize what had happened, but when Blue turned around and I saw the blood gushing from his forehead, I realized that he had struck his head directly on the corner of the wall.
We all jumped into action, grabbing ice, cloths, and even the phone. The entire time, Blue just held onto Forest, kissing his head, and mumbling, "oh, buddy."
Josh grabbed the keys and he and Blue were out the door with Forest, trying to make it to the walk-in clinic before they closed.
It was disappointing to have them return a few minutes later, informing us that the clinic had closed and we would have to drive back to Canmore, 40 minutes away. Blue dropped me, Meadow, and Ocean off at our house, and he and Forest drove away to the hospital.
As he drove away, I stood in the swirling snowflakes and remembered the picture of him holding that little boy in his arms. He held him with such love and tenderness. And, the expression on his face said that he would do anything to take away his child's pain. As I walked inside, praying for my husband and my little boy, I knew that my Heavenly Father was holding me in the same way.
Forest had four stitches, and all reports inform me that he was a brave patient.
Thank you, Abba Father.

1 comment:

Rosy said...

Those little boys get so many cuts and bangs and breaks. Heidi's Caleb broke his finger last weekend.

Aunt Rosy