Thursday, February 5, 2009

Probably...

"There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life." When I first saw this ad, being plastered on the sides of buses in Toronto, and expected to receive more sponsorhip for ads across Canada, I was really angry. However, as I allowed the thought to sink in, I felt laughter bubble up inside.
I imagined a plane full of excited passengers, on route from San Francisco to Sydney Australia. The pilot's voice booms over the intercom, "Welcome to our flight, we probably have enough fuel to make it over the ocean, so go ahead and enjoy the flight." I am visualizing that plane emptying out pronto.
Blue and I traveled to Asia quite a few years ago. I still remember the winding, mountain roads, the old buses, and the very capable drivers. I am sure that I would have reacted with fear if our driver would have announced that the brakes would probably work, so just hold on and enjoy the ride to the bottom of the mountain.
Probably. That very word screams of uncertainty. If I were not a believer in God, and I most certainly am, but if I were not, that word would cause me to have many sleepless nights. What if there is? What if there is a God, and He is the God of the Bible? What if He is loving and merciful, but also righteous and just? What if He is coming to earth again? A fool says in his heart that there is no God.
There is a God, believe on Him and He will bring joy to your life.

No comments: