Monday, January 31, 2011

Here's to more soup...



We have been eating a lot of soup lately. Maybe this eternal cold that I have had since...well, forever, is keeping soup recipes at the forefront. Or, maybe the -30 temperatures, that is Celsius for the Americans out there, are making me crave nothing but soup, and perhaps the occasional latte. May we say chinook anyone?
Anyhow, we slurped our way through the usuals at our house, hamburger-vegetable soup, peanut-curry soup, a minestrone or two, and still feeling a bit unfulfilled in our soup mania, we sought out more.
My man made us an extra large pot of Zuppa Tuscana, delicious, although a little less creamy than anticipated, due to laziness on both of our parts to go to the store for more cream. A keeper still, I think.
I came across this sweet and spicy chili. A touch of cinnamon, and cocoa jazzed up one of my already favorite veggies, the sweet potato. Topped with sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips.....yummy! Found this on Real Simple, added a little hamburger, not too many vegetarians in our family.

Oh, and did I mention I made this in the crock pot, definitely a keeper...

No comments: