Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dreams really do come true...

We are in debt. Yes, terrible, gut wrenching, stay up at night worrying, kind of debt. Of course, it is of our own doing, as many of the stresses of this life are. So, even when I am not thinking about it, I am thinking about it. Does that make sense?
The other night, I fell into a fitful sleep, and had a wonderful dream. I dreamed that someone, completely anonymous, paid off our entire debt. There was only left a sealed envelope. When I opened the envelope, I found a small card, and inside it were these words, "you owed a debt you could not pay, you desperately needed someone to kindly say, 'your debt is paid, I paid it all, now in Me you can stand tall.' Now, it is true, be filled with joy completely through. Find in Me your all in all."
I awoke with a start, and, to be honest was a little disappointed that it had all been just a dream. Then, I heard my Savior's sweet voice reminding me, 'Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now, I see.'
Rejoice, my debt has been paid, Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow!!

No comments: