Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Here I am to worship....

Thank you, Heavenly Father.
Yesterday, a neighbor dropped off a little bottle with some aspirin for our dog. My little boy's bus was pulling up about the same time. I set the bottle in our entryway, and walked out to the street to meet my son.
I forgot all about that little bottle of aspirin,.....until 11:00 p.m. as I was folding one of my daughters little blankets, that bottle fell out onto the ground.
I can't describe the feeling, the world screeching to a halt, the pounding in my head. I never have aspirin in the house, I rarely give my children medicine of any kind, and now this?
I am a terrible mother, no other mother would ever have forgotten a bottle of pills that was within the reach of her child. I would never be able to forgive myself if anything happened to my little girl. God is bigger than those thoughts...
I awoke her from her sleep, and took her into the ER. It is about a fifteen minute drive. The entire drive, I spoke truth aloud to myself. God is here. God loves you. God loves Meadow. God knows the plan that He has for you, good and not evil. God will give grace in any situation. God is grace. God is love. I trust you, God, I trust you. My near hysteria was calmed by the voice who calmed the stormy seas. God carried my daughter and I into the emergency room. God held my hand while the lab technician drew blood. And, God rejoiced with me when the doctor told us that she was ok, and could go home.
"Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You're my God.
You are altogether lovely, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me."

No comments: