Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thankful

I have so much to be thankful for. This weekend, my husband and I celebrated our ten year anniversary. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man for a husband.
We also celebrated Father's Day. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful dad.
The sun peeped out for the first time in a week, and I am so thankful to be able to go outside without having to make a dash for a building or a vehicle.
But, I am most thankful for the abundant, forgiving love of God.
I had to attend a food-safety course this last week. I brought a girl with me who has worked at our bus since the first summer. She is young, 19 years old, comes from a broken home, and we have somewhat felt responsible for her. I found out a few weeks ago that she was pregnant. So, as we drove to Banff for this course, I waited for her to spill the news. She never did. After the course, as we drove back, I could wait no longer. "So...do you have some news to share with me?" She burst into tears. I looked at her for a few seconds, and the terrible realization dawned on me..."Yes, Deb, I am too young to have a baby." I felt as if the van was closing in on me, and I couldn't breathe. I felt ill, and I couldn't open my mouth to say anything. We were both crying, and I looked at her, and said,"God loves you, He loves you so much. No matter what you have done, or will do, God loves you."
I realized that although her baby is gone, it is not too late for her. We talked for awhile, and then gradually changed the subject. But, I will not let this go. I believe that God is going to save her. He wants nothing more than to shower her with His unconditional love, and for that I am so grateful.
"Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth, for consider what great things He has done for you."

2 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

so I was doing a little blog hopping and ran into yours! There's no way you remember me, or by some fluke you do, but I met you at Josh and Kelly's wedding, oh so long ago. You have a few kiddos since last I saw you.
Happy 10 year.

Tricia said...

Deb, I hopped here from Kelly's blog. I doubt you would remember me from NBBC, but I just wanted to tell you that your writing has caused me to praise God. I've really enjoyed reading some of your posts. Thank you for your obvious love for Christ.