Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lessons Learned?

hmmm..I am not so sure about this blog thing. It seems to me that I barely have time to think, let alone write what I think, or worry about other people reading about what I think. But, my youngest son, Forest, just turned one four days ago. Absolutely amazing! not that he turned one, but that I have survived the last year.
I am a very proud person, and this last year, God has humbled me in ways that I never thought were possible. I believe that I could sit here and type for hours of all that God has taught me. But, I will try to keep this short.
First of all, God is God. He is my all in all, He is all I need. "My God shall supply all your NEED" I might have said that a year ago, but I don't think that I truly believed it. I sometimes think that God brings circumstances into our lives to grow us. I don't know if I grew, but I do know that I am more solid in my faith than I have ever been in my life. Do I still fail? yes, and will most likely continue to do so, but it is how long do I stay down that is the question.
Second of all, God is gracious and merciful. I am so thankful for that. God made me and loves me. "not because of who I am, but because of what You've done, not because of what I've done, but because of who You are." When I truly accept that, the joy that flows out of me is not me, but Him, wow.
Third of all, PRAYER WORKS PEOPLE!!!! We don't pray because we do not believe! "we have not because we ask not"
Well, one of my babes is calling.....

No comments: