Saturday, April 12, 2008

This is the day that my Lord hath made...

Wow, three posts in one week, that is amazing. God is good. I have a kind and generous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. We are all healthy, for the moment. And, the two eldest kids are out with dad, giving me a moment to catch my breath.

It is absolutely beautiful outside, giving me a bit of spring fever. I spent an hour working on the yard yesterday, and it felt fantastic. Uh-oh, Forest just found me, hiding in the office.

Anyway, I spent some time with my Lord this morning, thanking Him for being who He is. We are in desperate need for Him to show His mercy by selling our condo for us. To make a long story short, a year ago, we decided to try our hand at "a flip". We got a little over our heads by purchasing and renovating this condo in B.C. Now, we are in some pretty serious financial woes, waiting on God. Sometimes, I find that I go to the Lord out of my own desperation, and once I am there, He lays the needs of so many others on my heart. Awesome!

I can't believe that I am actually saying this, but I am actually thankful for the situation that we are in. Humility is the point when you realize that you can do NOTHING without God. And, it might sound crazy, but it is a fantastic place to be. God has never left me, and never will, but to acknowledge and embrace that presence on a daily basis actually brings joy despite any difficult circumstances.

To get up in the morning and say, "this is the day that the Lord hath made" brings unexplainable contentment. This is your day, Lord, the good and the bad, it is yours. Help me to "count it all JOY". Thank you, Lord.

No comments: