Monday, September 15, 2008

Thou wilt deal bountifully with me...

I am frustrated today. I am frustrated with the world's scale and how I measure up on it. Today, I measure very low. I desperately needed someone to speak truth to me today, that on God's scale, I always measure 100%, because of what His Son has done for me. I went to the direct source of truth, God's Word, and this is what I read:
I cry aloud with my voice to the Lord; I make supplication with my voice to the Lord.
I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare my trouble before Him.
When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Thou didst know my path. In the way where I walk They have hidden a trap for me.
Look to the right and see; For there is no one who regards me; There is no escape for me; No one cares for my soul.
I cried out to Thee, O Lord; I said, "Thou are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living. Give heed to my cry, For I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me. Bring my soul out of prison, SO that I may give thanks to Thy name; The righteous will surround me, For Thou will deal bountifully with me."

No comments: